Ultherapy® is a nonsurgical alternative to a facelift. It’s used to counteract signs of aging like skin sagging and wrinkles on the face, neck, and chest as well as drooping of the brow area. The FDA-cleared technology stimulates collagen production, which should create a more youthful look overall.
How does Ultherapy® work?
Ultherapy® targets areas beneath the skin with focused ultrasound energy, using the right temperature to support collagen regeneration.
The heat energy from the applicator is aimed at different depths, affecting three layers:
- superficial wrinkles
The ultrasound energy stimulates collagen and elastic tissue, which should result in firmer skin, less sagging, and fewer wrinkles.
Preparing for Ultherapy®
- You’ll need to gently wash the treatment area with a mild cleanser.
- You can take Ibuprofen for mild pain relief if needed.
- Expect sessions to take anywhere from 60-90 minutes.
- You might feel some discomfort during the treatment.
- Your skin may turn red during and just after the treatment. This usually goes away within an hour.
- There’s no downtime, so you can go right back to your day.
- We’ll ask you to use sunscreen on the treated area to protect it from damage.
- Occasional bruising or swelling may occur.
What to expect after Ultherapy®?
- There is usually no downtime associated with Ultherapy®.
- Regular activities such as work, exercise, or socializing can be resumed immediately after treatment.
- The results will last as long as your body continues to produce new collagen and until the natural aging process takes over again. Based on your skin’s response to Ultherapy®, you can decide if additional sessions are necessary.