Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), or sexually transmitted infections (STIs), are infections that are passed from one person to another through sexual contact. The contact is usually vaginal, oral, or anal sex. But sometimes they can spread through other intimate physical contacts. This is because some STDs, like herpes and HPV, are spread by skin-to-skin contact.
- Pain or discomfort during sexual activity or urination
- Sores, bumps, or rashes on or around penis, testicles, anus, buttocks, thighs, or mouth
- Unusual discharge or bleeding from the penis
- Painful or swollen testicles
But remember that not all STDs have symptoms.
There are more than 20 types of STDs including:
- Genital herpes
- Pubic lice
- Physical examinations
- Swabs of bodily fluids
- Blood tests
It’s hard for healthcare professionals to diagnose an STD based on symptoms alone, so they’ll need to do some tests and examinations.
STD treatment options:
- Other oral or topical medications
There are a number of treatment options, depending on the condition.
Our men’s health experts will work with you one-on-one to help you find the most effective investigation and treatment option that can help address your issues.