Injectable dermal fillers can give you a more youthful look for a fraction of what a traditional facelift costs. Most will fill hollows, lines, and wrinkles in less than 30 minutes with results that can last from 4 months to more than a year.
Wrinkle fillers can also be used as “volumizers,” plumping and lifting cheeks, chins, jawlines, and temples; filling out thin lips, and plumping sagging hands. The treatment is fast and easy.
Treatment area for dermal filler
- Volumize lips
- Plump cheeks
- Reshape the chin
- Eliminate Marionette lines & nasolabial folds
- Reduce the appearance of scars
What can I expect after my treatment?
- Mild bruising around injection sites: this usually settles after 2-3 days, and can be concealed with a thin smear of foundation makeup.
- Swelling of the injected areas: swelling is usually mild, and is usually not noticeable after 48-72 hours.
- Numbness to injected areas or parts of the face: Usually the filler product has some local anesthetic within its gel, which may result in numbness of the injected area. Sensation usually returns in 2-3 hours.
- Skin redness: this is usually due to injections, vigorous massage and slight reaction of the skin which can take a few hours to 2-3 days to settle.
How long do the results typically last?
Most dermal fillers can last for 6 to 12 months.
What are the possible complications?
- Allergic reactions
- Lumpiness and irregularity in contour
- Undesirable change in contour
- Persistent or prolonged bruising
- Tissue damage in the case of inadvertent arterial injection (rare)