A chemical peel is a procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers. Chemical peels are used to treat wrinkles, discolored skin and scars usually on the face. They can be done alone or combined with other cosmetic procedures.
Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands. They can be used to reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth.
Condition can be treated with chemical peel
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
Chemical peel aftercare
- Light moisturization
- Sun protection
- Reintroduce a gentle skincare routine